The Importance of Marketing Your Franchise
As more and more franchises begin to crop up, it’s important to have a strong marketing strategy in place to gain the interest of franchisees and customers alike. As potential business owners look to invest in a potential company, it is crucial for the franchisor to have a good franchise-marketing strategy in place.
To maintain a successful marketing strategy, there are five elements that need to be implemented:
1. Customer Reach: This may seem like a simple element, but it is essential to the success of your franchise and the success of your franchisees. Does your marketing consistently reach a large quantity of customers? If the answer is no, you may want to rethink your strategy.
2. Franchisee Engagement: As a franchisor, it is important to give franchisees the opportunity and space to express their opinions and the franchisee is closest to the customer and, while you, the franchisor, will make the ultimate decision, it’s beneficial to hear what the franchisees have to say.
3. Create Buzz: Whether it’s an online campaign, television, radio or print, it’s important to create a buzz around your franchise opportunity and your brand. The instructional manual, So You Want To Franchise Your Business, by Harold Kestenbaum, states that you should “Design in-store marketing materials that not only highlight products and services but also provide contact information so that happy customers who may become prospective franchisees, who like what they see, know where to go to learn about franchising opportunities.”
4. Positioning: No matter what industry your franchise falls, it is essential to position yourself as an expert source within that field. You, the franchisor, can validate yourself as an expert by writing articles or contributing to scholarly sources that apply to the specific industry your franchise targets.
5. A Website: While this may seem like an obvious addition to your marketing strategy, it is essential to the growth and success of your franchise. Local, walk-in business is quickly being replaced by online searches and e-commerce, making your website the front door to your business. A well-designed website with strong SEO optimization and a consistent flow of relevant content will drive customers to your brand and franchisees and to your business opportunity.
These steps are five of many that can be added to your franchise marketing strategy and will give you and your franchisees a set of powerful tools to drive business right to your door.